How To Reduce Stretch Marks With Natural Home Remedies?
Table of Contents
Most of us have small lightning strike like scars on our body that we call stretch marks. They’re incredibly common and there’s nothing wrong in having them.
But if you’re not very fond of these lines on your body, we’re here to show you ways you can avoid them and suggest home remedies to reduce their appearance.
Causes Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are caused by a sudden change in your body due to weight loss or gain, pregnancy, muscle building, or even when you hit puberty. They generally appear when the skin stretches quickly, collagen levels change and skin’s elastic tissues are damaged. Stretch marks appear wherever your skin can stretch but are most common on the breast, hips, thighs, and butt.
Tips to avoid
- While there is no foolproof way to avoid stretch marks altogether ,you can try to avoid them by maintaining
- Your weight in a healthy range
- Exercise regularly
- Eat natural sources of omega 3 like flaxseeds,fish,walnuts and even soybean.
- Don’t forget Vitamin D If you experience severe itching, try keeping your skin moisturized and supple with the help of body butter or oils.
The Power buff
The grains of sugar are mild natural exfoliators and scrub away dead skin cells found over stretch marks to enable blood circulation and heal the broken skin cells.
- Take 1 cup of sugar and add ½ a cup of coconut oil. Coconut oil seeps deep into the skin, hydrating it and reducing healing time for stretch marks as well.
- Top it off with a juice of half a lemon as it helps increase collagen levels for your skin.
Start scrubbing onto your stretch mark sin circular motions and then rinse.Repeat this twice a week for best results.
Essential oils such as lavender oil, argan oil, and frankincense oil, are known for their healing properties as they help improve skin’s elasticity, boost collagen levels nourishing it with proteins that condition your skin and keep it soft and supple.
Mix any one of these oils with a carrier oil such as almond, coconut or jojoba oil and rub the concoction onto your stretch marks in circular motions.
Do this everyday to see a noticeable difference.
Aloe Vera There
Pure aloe vera is known to soften the skin and heal it naturally. The nutrients in its flesh help cure scars and stretch marks by repairing the damaged skin cells.
Massage the gel on your stretch marks, leave it on for 15 minutes and wipe it off with a warm water-soaked washcloth. Do this daily for the best results.
A healthy matter
Vitamin A often referred to as retinoid, helps rebuild collagen, improves skin elasticity, and also reduces the appearance of fresh stretch marks. A diet rich in foods like carrots, broccoli, and spinach may help increase vitamin A levels in the body.
The moisture surge
You can always whip up your own moisturising cream to reduce these lines and itchiness.
- Mix 1/4th cup of cocoa butter or shea butter,2 tbsp of almond oil,2 tbsp of olive oil, a few drops of lemon juice,1 tsp of honey and 5 vitamin E capsules.
- All these ingredients are enriched with antioxidants and moisturizing properties. Gently massage the cream on your stretch marks or whenever your skin feels itchy and dry.
Bio-oil is also a great moisturizer that helps improve skin’s appearance and reduce stretch marks. While stretch marks are permanent in nature, evening out your skin and reducing their appearance is a pretty sweet deal. So start following these tips to heal your skin
Stay Fit and Stay Gorgeouss!
Thanks for reading on Fit & Gorgeouss!
Read more on 3 ways get rid of stretch mark- Wiki-How
Share with one who really need to know this!